Corporate Governance Workshop
12-13 November 2015
The delivery of best practice corporate governance continues to be a central focus in every board room. The combined pressures of unyielding media scrutiny and increasing demands of shareholders underline the need for a thorough understanding of good governance processes and also how to improve performance at the top of business. This two-day workshop uses interactive exercises, group work and case studies to give delegates an in-depth understanding of the corporate governance framework in the UK and reviews current governance hot topics.
- The global financial crisis and continuing corporate scandals have focused attention on the performance of those at the top of business and corporate governance standards are now in the spotlight more than ever before. The topics covered in this course include:
- The impact and implementation of the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes
- Leadership and teamwork around the boardroom table
- The changes around executive remuneration
- The role of audit and the EU proposals for reform of the audit market
- Aspects of boardroom behaviour, including challenge, scrutiny and the impact of diversity following the Davies Report
- Improvements to financial reporting
- The key contribution of poor governance, risk management shortfalls and cultural problems to the failure of large organisations
Who should attend
This two-day course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Chief executives
- Company secretaries
- Executive and non-executive directors
- Directors of newly quoted AIM companies
- Heads of internal audit, compliance and risk management
- Institutional investors such as pension funds and insurance companies
- New entrants to investor relations
- All those individuals responsible for implementing best practice corporate governance in their organisation.
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS.