Conference Speaking Preparation Workshop
Book now to guarantee your place
3 December 2015
Price: £495 + VAT
The Conference Speaking Preparation workshop is for executives who need to inspire, motivate or educate a conference audience.
You are speaking at a conference or event. No doubt time and effort have been made to ensure the venue is correct, the right agenda has been put together and that the AV provider is on time. How prepared are you for your conference talk?
Companies invest large amounts of money bringing staff, clients or industry stakeholders together to share information and communicate key messages, although how much thought is ever actually given to the impact and effectiveness of their speakers?
This intensive programme is designed for people who have little time to spare. It offers practical tools to help you get your message across memorably, structure your material for the best impact and present to audiences. The workshop provides plenty of opportunities to practise.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have a clear understanding of how to:
- Communicate their message and personality in a relaxed, confident and memorable way – establishing their credibility and credentials – in all situations, from seminar talks to industry conference.
- Structure their presentation into a compelling and powerful message providing the audience with the key points from the outset.
- Prepare and use notes (bullets) in the most discreet and effective manner • Use visual aids to properly support and reinforce their message
- Handling questions in a confident and concise way
This is a skills-based training course. Learning skills takes practice.
The half day is highly practical in nature with use being made of role-play and video analysis of each performance. Participants will be asked to prepare and deliver presentations to their peers, which will be recorded, critiqued and repeated.
The course will be held at London Stock Exchange’s headquarters located next to St. Paul’s Cathedral at 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS.
- Reference book covering best practice, examples and other support covered during the day
- If you think you would benefit from follow on 1-on-1 coaching sessions, please mention it to the trainer or LSEG’s course co-ordinator
Who should attend
This one day course has been designed to benefit the following professionals:
- Company Secretarial
- Investor Relations Managers
- Finance professionals
- Exchange professionals
- PR and IR consultants