JSE and FTSE Russell: Understanding ESG Ratings and the SID platform
Join experts from FTSE Russell, London Stock Exchange (LSEG) and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) as they discuss the current South African and International ESG efforts, the importance of ESG in investments, FTSE Russell’s ESG Ratings and data model, and the Sustainable Investment...
FTSE Russell’s ESG Ratings and data model allows investors to understand a company’s exposure to, and management of, ESG issues in multiple dimensions.
The ESG Ratings are comprised of an overall Rating that breaks down into underlying Pillar and Theme Exposures and Scores. The Pillars and Themes are built on over 300 individual indicator assessments that are applied to each company’s unique circumstances.
With 19 years of history providing the FTSE4Good index series, FTSE Russell has developed an ESG framework that encompasses the Taskforce on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) guidelines and applied this framework to South African stocks. London Stock Exchange Group and Johannesburg Stock Exchange are driving the advancement and uptake of TCFD globally.
Join experts from FTSE Russell, London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) as they discuss:
• the current South African and International ESG efforts,
• the importance of ESG in investment and how international regulation and policies are shaping those,
• FTSE Russell’s ESG Ratings and data model, and the Sustainable Investment Database, and JSE’s Sustainable Investment Database and the resultant scores.
• Dr. Leila Fourie, CEO, Johannesburg Stock Exchange
• Rosie Donachie, Group Head of Government Relations and Regulatory Strategy, London Stock Exchange Group
• Aled Jones, Director, head of sustainable investment product management - EMEA, FTSE Russell