Certified training course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough grounding in the EMIR reporting requirements.
Next upcoming course
March 16, 2023
9.00 GMT – 13.00 GMT
This course will be delivered remotely by the instructor using Microsoft Teams.
This half day entry-level course provides a foundation for compliance and operations professionals who are involved with EMIR transaction reporting. It’s a fully interactive course including an examination where a pass mark will confirm sufficient proficiency. This course is CPD Certified and accredited by the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI). All our courses are delivered by experts in the regulatory field.
LSEG has developed an EMIR reporting foundation course to provide operations and compliance staff with a thorough grounding in the EMIR reporting requirements. This course includes the New RTS (Level 3) Requirements. All our courses are delivered by experts in the regulatory field.
The foundation course provides training on the core elements in the EMIR reporting requirements including:
- Background to the transaction reporting requirements
- G20 Commitment
- Key documentation
- What entities need to report
- Definitions of a financial and non-financial counterparty
- Geographic considerations
- Buy-side considerations
- Definition of a derivative
- Focus on FX derivatives
- How and when reports need to be made
- Trading Scenarios
- Exchange trade derivatives – who reports against who
- ETD give-ups
- OTC cleared v OTC bi-lateral
- Terminations and partial terminations
- Position Reporting
- Collateral & Valuation Reporting
- Data standards – basics
- Generic Descriptions of all non-asset class specific fields covered in the ESMA Reporting Technical Standards
- Legal Entity Identifiers
- Unique Trade Identifiers: format and generation
- Product Identifiers: ISIN, Aii and interim
- Data Validation (Level 1 and Level 2 Validations)
- pre- reporting
- Inter-TR reconciliation
Dates for 2023:
- 12 January 2023 (9.00am – 1.00pm)
- 16 March 2023 (9.00am – 1.00pm)
- Further dates to be added
Please note: our current scheduled courses for 2023 will be delivered remotely by the instructor using Microsoft Teams. The web sessions are interactive and there is plenty of opportunity to ask questions. A full PDF of the course notes is sent to delegates after the session
Before booking, please ensure you have read our cancellation policy.
If you have any questions please contact us on the following email address: email@example.com
Senior Vice President, Financial Services Compliance and Regulation, Kroll
Judy Leung joined the firm in 2012 having previously worked for a variety of authorised investment firms as a Compliance Officer. Judy has over 20 years of Compliance experience covering Front Office Compliance Advisory, Compliance Monitoring and Operational Regulatory Compliance. During her time with Kroll, Judy has worked with a number of firms including asset managers, broker dealers and investment banks and exchanges to review, enhance and develop compliance processes, workflow controls, procedures, and documentation mainly in the Markets and Regulatory Reporting space. This has included secondments, S166, health checks, technical advisory, and training. Judy delivers a range of Compliance Regulatory Reporting training modules including MiFIR and EMIR.
Vice President, Financial Services Compliance and Regulation, Kroll
Todd D’Ambra joined Kroll after transaction reporting roles at a number of major investment banks, primarily focusing on EMIR reporting but crossing into several other jurisdictions. Todd has wide experience of taking regulatory requirements and turning them into functional processes. Todd delivers the EMIR training module.
UnaVista client rate: £600 (+VAT) and non-client rate: £800 (+VAT)
NB: UnaVista clients will be invoiced the fee. Non-UnaVista clients can pay by credit card.
There is also a self-paced eLearning version of the training available.
“During my career I have attended several financial related trainings in the past but I strongly believe Unavista e-Learning Academy provided one of the best ones in terms of relevancy, content and delivery. During 2019 I have consumed both MIFIR and EMIR Foundation courses and successfully passed online and in class certifications. The whole training process was a pleasant experience being fit for non-financial background persons as well as experienced ones.
In class courses filled the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical business needs but with a personal touch and tailored to the audience.
The online e-Learning Platform is very intuitive and visual appealing allowing attendants to take the courses on their own schedule and prepare for the exams properly.
Overall impression about the Unavista Academy is that it provides an excellent opportunity for career advance, offering great value along with professional trainers.”
Radu Saligny - UnaVista Product Solutions Team Lead
- “This is a tool that is fairly intuitive and you can feel that it has been tailored to the needs of your peers.
- Rather than finding a golden method to deliver information, it provides several types of info presentation and delivery, which you can customise as you go along.
- You can feel that the people behind it have considered information fatigue and are constantly doing their best to keep it diverse.
- The courses even carry a subtle note of ‘I know this info might not make much sense now, don’t worry, it will come up again in due context and you`ll map it properly then’.
Whether you are preparing for your existing role, training for future ones, starting in fintech or whether you`re already awesome at these, the UnaVista e-Learning Academy will give you that elusive ‘good student’ feeling.”
Valentin Ditulescu - UnaVista Customer Support Analyst
Expand your knowledge with our range of certified training courses.