Graduate Programme Requirements
What we are looking for from you
We are interested in recruiting people who understand the full breadth of our business, how it fits together, how it functions – and are interested in its development as it grows and diversifies.
To be successful on the programme, you will need to be a talented and highly motivated individual who shares our values and passion for success and growth. To adapt to changing demands, you’ll need strong intellectual capability, a fluid communication style, plus the gravitas to establish good working relationships and influence key stakeholders. It is also important for you to be driven and resilient to see projects through to successful completion. You will stand out to us if you can demonstrate that you recognise that what you achieve is equally important to how you achieve it.
Our minimum academic requirements are:
- A 2:1 honours degree, for Business we accept any discipline, for Technology we are looking for science, technology, engineering or mathematics
There are many intelligent graduates, we are looking for the things that set you apart. Perhaps you’ve been involved in extra-curricular activities, for instance, excelled in sport or demonstrated leadership qualities? Your background isn’t important, but your attitude is. We like people who are motivated and can demonstrate a strong work ethic. You’ll be interested in our business, curious and – where necessary – willing to challenge the status quo.
Our application process
- Initial application - Apply online with your personal details, work experience and academic history.
- Essay Style Questions - if you pass the online tests you will be invited to complete longer essay style questions and submit your full application.
- Online testing - includes verbal, numerical and Inductive reasoning. Candidates should expect to be retested at assessment centre if they successfully reach this stage.
- Telephone interview – this is an opportunity to learn more about our programme and share your experiences. We will be focused on understanding your ability in relation to our key competencies, but we will also be interested in learning more about your interest in London Stock Exchange Group.
- Assessment centre – includes a variety of exercises including group work, presentation, analytical case study, ability tests and interview. You will meet with a number of managers and graduates throughout the day and it’s a great opportunity to learn about their careers and experiences. At the end of this day we want you to be clear about whether or not you would accept an offer to join our programme.