Borsa Italiana: Become a Member
Why become a member?
As a Borsa Italiana member firm you can trade in a range of financial products directly on our trading platforms, including equity, structured products, bonds and derivatives. Membership provides the lowest latency access to our trading systems.
Our members form a network which covers a diverse range of firms including banks, agency brokers, market makers and proprietary traders.
Existing members of London Stock Exchange and Turquoise can arrange fast-track access being able to use existing connectivity and trading software for seamless access. Financial incentives are available to market makers and specialists.
Membership incentives are also availble for new members joining our markets. For the first 12 months:
- BIt annual membership fee waived
- MTA/AIM Italia/SeDeX/ETFplus/MOT subscription fee waived
- IDEM Equity volume category fee waived
- IDEX volume category fee waived
- CC&G membership fee: 50% discount
The initiative applies to:
- New members for the membership fee waiver / discount
- New members and existing members extending their subscription to new markets for the subscription / volume category fee waiver
How to become a member
- Borsa Italiana membership is available to companies only; applications from individuals cannot be accepted
- Applicants should be authorised as an investment firm or credit institution in the European Economic Area
- Non-authorised firms may also apply for membership provided they satisfy the requirements set forth in the Rules
- All member firms need to understand and comply with Borsa Italiana markets’ rules
Clearing and Settlement
- Members need to have appropriate clearing and settlement arrangements in place for their trading activities
- Settlement and clearing systems can be accessed directly or via a third party provider (a general clearing member and/or settlement agent)
- Please see CC&G and Monte Titoli areas for the list of approved CGMs and Settlement agents.
Connectivity & Trading Software
We offer a range of solutions to connect to our markets with different levels of management and performance, ranging from dedicated network to Service provider access.
In addition, you can either certify in-house trading applications to work with our trading system or use any accredited software provider
The membership on-boarding process is managed through BIt Club, an online portal which simplifies procedures and makes more direct and efficient the communication flow between Borsa Italiana, CC&G and their respective members.
It allows members to monitor their participation requirements in order to keep them constantly and easily updated in line with the markets Rules.
Trading Services can be requested and managed through BIt Club.
Become a member in only three steps:
- Apply by submitting your Request for Service with any supporting information through the Member Portal
- Prepare your trading connection and post-trade arrangements
- Go Live - upon approval of your application, you can arrange a live date with the Membership Team