Debt Securities: Gilts
Gilts are sterling denominated UK Government bonds, issued by HM Treasury and listed on London Stock Exchange.
Gilt-Edged Market Makers (GEMMs) are primary dealers in gilts. A list of all registered GEMMs are below:
- Abbey National Treasury Services plc
- Barclays Bank Plc
- BNP Paribas
- Citigroup Global Markets Limited
- Deutsche Bank AG London Branch
- Goldman Sachs International Bank
- HSBC Bank plc
- Jefferies International Limited
- JP Morgan Securities plc
- Lloyds Bank plc
- Merrill Lynch International
- Morgan Stanley & Co International Limited
- Nomura International plc
- Royal Bank of Canada Europe Limited
- Royal Bank of Scotland Plc
- Scotiabank Europe Plc
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank
- UBS Limited
- Winterflood Securities Ltd
Further information may be found on the Debt Management Office website.
A selection of gilts is also available for trading on the Order book for Retail Bonds (ORB). More information on ORB may be found here.