Investor relations - the fundamentals - one day training programme
Book now to guarantee your place
13 October 2015
23 June 2015
Training Programme Overview
This one day training programme is designed to provide newly appointed IR managers (or those new to IR in London) with a good understanding of how IR is managed in the UK and covers the breadth of regulation, information requirements, organisation of an IR office, work plans and preparing an investor presentation. Delegates will also hear direct from an institutional investor on their requirements and expectations.
Effective, fair and trustworthy communications between a company and its stakeholders can have a major impact on the reputation and value of a company. Within this communications mix Investor Relations plays a crucial gatekeeper role, balancing the external informational needs of the finance and investment industry together with the internal needs of the Board and management team.
Why attend the course?
This ONE DAY course will provide delegates with:
- An understanding of the evolution of the role of IR as a result of the developments in the financial markets
- An overview of the rules governing IR in the UK
- Typical information requirements requested from IR teams by institutional investors and analysts
- Organisation of an effective Investor Relations office
- An Investor Relations work plan
- Tips for managing internal information flows
- Best practice informational needs and presentations for analysts and institutional investors
- A dedicated framing session with institutional investor from investment firm
- A workshop session to prepare an analyst and investor presentation
Who should attend the course?
This one day course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Newly appointed Investor relations managers
- Communication and PR Managers of listed and listing companies
- PR and IR consultants
- Financial analysts
Other programmes in this series:
An Investor Relations Masterclass
This programme is designed as a follow on to’ Investor Relations – the fundamentals’ but equally can be attended on a standalone basis and is designed to give seasoned IR Professionals and Board Directors an in-depth update on current IR best practices. The course covers the breadth of regulation compliance and disclosure practice, latest developments in the accounting field, the use of technology and social media to build closer relationships with investors, capital markets changes, evolving best practices and changes in critical aspects of the day to day role of IR.
Registration fee: £695 + VAT or £1,000 + VAT when booking both ‘Investor Relations – the fundamentals’ and ‘An Investor Relations Masterclass.
Location: London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London.