15th European Corporate Governance Conference
Palazzo Mezzanotte - Congress Centre and Services
P.zza degli Affari, 6
We are pleased to announce that the 15th European Corporate Governance Conference will be held...
We are pleased to announce that the 15th European Corporate Governance Conference will be held on 27th and 28th October 2014 at Palazzo Mezzanotte - Affari 6, Milan. The Conference is being held as part of Italy's Presidency of the Council of the European Union which runs for the second half of 2014, a unique opportunity for institutional investors and listed companies to debate the most relevant corporate governance topics.
The initiative is aimed at building a long lasting relationship between issuers, investors and proxy advisors and will be focused on the following topics:
- enhancing transparency
- encouraging long term shareholder engagement
- improving the framework for cross border operation of companies
- shaping state owned enterprises corporate governance rules.
The first session of the Conference will start on October 27th afternoon with round tables:
- Institutional investors meet Italian issuers: key points for a long lasting relationship
- Proxy Advisors Codes: best practices and approaches.
The second session will take place on October 28th with an opening speech by Pier Carlo Padoan, Italian Minister of Economy and Finance and will than be focused on the following topics:
- The reform of OECD principles of corporate governance and state owned enterprises
- The EU Commission proposals on corporate governance
- Corporate Governance and remuneration in European Listed Companies.
The Conference is supported by Borsa Italiana, Assonime, Assogestioni, MEF and Consob.