Women In Finance Charter
"Working together to build a balanced and fair industry"
“At London Stock Exchange Group, we believe that a diverse group of colleagues and a commitment to equal opportunities for all are key to driving innovation and building a culture that reflects our global customers and the communities in which we operate around the world.
As part of that commitment, LSEG was an early signatory to the HMT Women in Finance Charter in 2016. We continue to make steady progress towards our 2020 target of 40% females across our Group and in Senior Management positions. While we have more work to do, in this year’s submission, we highlighted some of the steps we have taken to increase gender balance across the Group.
The Executive Committee and I continue to focus on the HMT Women in Finance targets and ask all colleagues to continue to support our diversity and inclusion efforts. Embracing the many forms of diversity across the Group only makes us a stronger team.” David Schwimmer, CEO
What are we doing?
- More than 80% of the past 12 month’s external Managing Director hires were women
- We use software to gender neutralise all our job descriptions and job adverts
- Over 50% of our 2019 graduate population are women
- We have an internal Mentoring Programme, Mentor Exchange which runs globally. It currently has 311 pairs (as of August 2019)
- We are a member of the 30% Club. This allows our colleagues access to cross company mentoring, aimed at helping to develop female talent
Women Inspired Network (WIN)
- WIN is working to enhance our business and to support female employees in developing their careers
- WIN is open to all employees globally, and currently has group-wide representation on the Steering Committee (from the UK, US, Italy, France and Sri Lanka)
- All LSEG employees are mandated to complete Unconscious Bias training as part of their on-boarding process. Currently 97% of our population have completed this training
- All LSEG employees have a suite of over ten Diversity and Inclusion learning tools available to them on our Intranet. Including the following training programmes:
- Fighting Gender Bias at Work
- Becoming a Male Ally at Work
“At London Stock Exchange Group, one of our strategic objectives is supporting an inclusive culture and increasing our Diversity across the Group.
This year alone, The Diversity and Inclusion Committee that I chair has acted as the sponsor of two major initiatives; the launch of flexible working and our first ever global Inclusion Week.
Over the years, I have seen our support and engagement for diversity grow and envision this commitment growing further. While we are focused on increasing female representation across the Group, we are also committed to promoting diversity within the financial services industry. One programme I am particularly proud of is our partnership with East London Business Alliance which aims to help inspire the next generation of girls to think about their future careers, particularly in Finance and Technology.” Diane Côté, Chief Risk Officer, Member of LSEG Executive Committee, Chair of ExCo Diversity Committee and Chair, Women Inspired Network (WIN)
September 2019 update
We are pleased to report that overall female representation has increased from 30%, when we signed the charter, to 35% at present. Our senior management population - as defined by our Executive Committee, their reports and their reports (ExCo-2) - was 30% female when we signed the Charter in 2016 and it is now 33%, We recognise we have some way to go to achieve 40% in both categories and we are committed to continuing to work towards our targets.