Influencing Skills For High Potential Professionals
10 September 2014
Price £ 695 + VAT
Being successful as a professional requires influencing others and gaining their cooperation, particularly when there is no direct or line authority. Without the ability to influence, it becomes harder to achieve targets and meet deadlines, and work becomes more stressful. The people that need to be influenced can be in other departments, customers, suppliers, regulatory authorities, and even superiors in the organisation.
This one-day programme will provide an understanding of how to exert influence plus tools and techniques for becoming more influential in a professional services setting. In addition, each participant will receive personal feedback, which together will create a powerful learning experience.
Core benefits of the programme
The value of the programme to both the participants and their organisations will be:
- Enhanced influencing skills in a wider range of professional situations
- Greater professional presence and impact
- Better management of politics in a professional service environment
Areas covered will include:
- Difficulties in exerting influence
- Alternative influencing strategies for professionals
- Individual preferences and approaches
- Exerting influence in groups
- Using feedback as an influencing strategy
- Feedback on personal influencing style
- Recent advances in Neuroscience and influence
- Managing politics in professional organisations
- Professional relationships and their role in influence
- Case studies, exercises and simulations will be included
Who should attend?
This course is designed for professionals from all areas of financial services who share a desire to improve their ability to be influential. Their role will be important for the advancement of their organization and their success will be dependent on their ability to get others to cooperate with them.
Participants are given a great deal of personal attention and there will be time to address particular influencing challenges.
London Stock Exchange
10 Paternoster Square