Essentials in Finance for Non-Executive Directors
Book now to guarantee your place
View the agenda here
All our programmes are available on a bespoke basis.
1 - 2 December 2014
Price £ 1,330 + VAT
The course is designed to give a general and practical overview of the responsibilities of non-executive directors, highlighting their advisory and supervisory responsibilities. The content is intended for those involved with listed and AIM-traded companies and would also be relevant for non-execs of businesses considering coming to the market.
The increased emphasis of recent years on companies driving value for shareholders, as well as the controversy surrounding directors’ remuneration has highlighted the role of the non-executive director in advising and controlling the executive. In addition to general business experience, non-executive directors need awareness of investor attitudes and familiarity with the regulatory environment in which public companies operate.
The course is designed to be interactive and case study-based, using as examples real-life corporate situations.
Subject covered include:
- Non-executive directors’ duties and responsibilities
- Safeguarding and promoting shareholder value
- Audit committees and accounting standards
- Remuneration committees, options and bonuses
- Acquisitions: benefits and pitfalls
- Company valuation metrics
- Stock Exchange rules
- The Take Over Panel and the conduct of public company takeovers
- Liquidity problems and directors’ responsibilities
Who should attend
The content is intended for those involved with listed and AIM-traded companies and would also be relevant for non-execs of businesses considering coming to the market.
London Stock Exchange
10 Paternoster Square