Italian Financial Transaction Tax
Italy has introduced, in 2013, the iFTT (Italian Financial Transaction Tax) according to the law of 24th December 2012 and the subsequent Decree.
This Decree assigns to Monte Titoli, as a Central Securities Depository, a primary role to support accountable parties, who can make use of our facilities to submit declarations and pay the tax.
Our service model reflects the regulation issued by the Italian Tax Agency, who defined the operational guidelines.
Main regulatory framework (sources Ministry of Finance and Italian Tax Agency website):
- Law 24 December 2012 (artt. 491-500) - Italian version only
- Law Decree February 2013
- Resolution of the Italian Tax Agency
- Decreto del Fare (art. 56) - Italian version only
- Operational Model
- Test Plan
- CSV file template
- Guide to create the CSV file
- User Guide
- Form to pay additional FTT amounts voluntary (Ravvedimento operoso)
- Calendar with deadlines
Italian FTT event - London 8 October 2013