Managing your London Stock Exchange Membership
Updating Your Profile
A member firm’s profile encompasses the firm’s trading access to the Exchange’s markets, the firm’s trading codes and related clearing and settlement arrangements for the firm’s business. Member firm profiles are communicated to other member firms and interested parties via Member Firm Information Sheets available to view on the Exchange’s website.
A list of frequently asked questions relating to member firm profile changes is available here but if you are unclear on anything or wish to discuss this further, please contact the Membership Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on +44 (0)20 7797 1900.
Important information regarding member firm notifications
- A member firm shall, immediately upon becoming aware of any circumstances which have, or will lead to a contravention of any of the rules, including system problems, notify the Exchange of such circumstances in as much detail as is available to it. These notifications should be made to the Market Supervision department on +44 (0) 20 7797 3666, STX 33666.
- A member firm shall notify the Exchange’s Membership Team immediately of any matter that is material to the member firm’s suitability as a member firm. Failure to notify the exchange may result in a contravention of the rules.
The Exchange would expect notification of, at a minimum, the following profile changes:
- Name and address of the member firm;
- Senior executive officer or compliance officer of the member firm;
- Scope of trading activity in relation to on Exchange business, including trading codes;
- Access to the trading system;
- Scope of settlement and clearing arrangements in relation to on Exchange business including settlement and clearing codes; and
A member firm should notify the Exchange at least 21 calendar days in advance of the proposed effective date, of any proposed changes to its membership profile.
- Member firms should notify the Exchange of any change of control within the meaning given under FSMA at least 21 calendar days in advance of the proposed effective date or, if that is not possible, immediately upon becoming aware of the change in control.
- Member firms wishing to resign their membership should provide at least 3 months written notice.
Where to send profile change notifications?
All notifications to the Membership Team can be sent via mail to the following address:
London Stock Exchange Group
10 Paternoster Square
To expedite the process a scanned copy of the notification can be emailed to the Membership Team. If you have any questions or require further guidance, please call the Membership Team on +44 (0)20 7797 1900.